Absolutely! It is indeed possible to make a living as a social media influencer, and focusing on hair as your niche can be a great and lucrative choice. Being a hair influencer allows you to combine your passion for hair with your online presence by sharing your expertise, providing valuable tips, showcasing your skills, and reviewing products, you can build a loyal following and attract brand collaborations.
As a hair influencer, you have the opportunity to collaborate with haircare brands, hairstylists, salons, and beauty companies. These collaborations can involve sponsored content, product endorsements, brand partnerships, and even the creation of your own product lines or collaborations. The income streams for influencers include brand partnerships, sponsored posts, affiliate marketing, ad revenue, and selling merchandise or services.
In this article we tell you everything you need to know to become a hair influencer!
Steps to get you started:
- Determine your niche: Decide on the specific aspect of hair you want to focus on, such as hair styling, haircare, color trends, natural hair, or specific hair types. Narrowing down your niche helps you target a specific audience and establish yourself as an expert in that area.
- Develop your personal brand: Define your unique style, personality, and aesthetic that will set you apart from other influencers. Create a cohesive brand identity by choosing a consistent color scheme, tone of voice, and visual style that reflects your personality and resonates with your target audience.
- Build your knowledge and expertise: Invest time in learning about different hair techniques, trends, products, and hair-related topics. Stay updated on industry news, attend workshops, take courses, and engage in continuous learning to enhance your knowledge and credibility as a hair influencer.
- Create high-quality content: Produce visually appealing and engaging content that showcases your skills, knowledge, and creativity. Experiment with different types of content such as tutorials, before-and-after transformations, product reviews, and hairstyle inspiration. Use high-resolution photos and videos, well-written captions, and relevant hashtags to maximize reach and engagement.
- Choose the right social media platforms: Identify the social media platforms that align with your target audience and content style. Instagram, YouTube, TikTok, and Pinterest are popular platforms for hair-related content. Focus on building a strong presence on one or two platforms initially, and then expand to others as you grow.
- Consistency and regular posting: Establish a consistent posting schedule that works for you and your audience. Regularly create and publish content to keep your audience engaged and maintain their interest. Consistency helps build a loyal following and demonstrates your commitment to your audience.
- Engage with your audience: Actively interact with your audience by responding to comments, direct messages, and questions. Foster a sense of community by initiating conversations, asking for feedback, and encouraging audience participation. Engaging with your audience helps build relationships and loyalty.
- Collaborate and network: Seek collaboration opportunities with other influencers, hairstylists, or brands in your niche. Collaborations can help you reach new audiences, gain exposure, and establish credibility within the industry. Attend industry events, participate in online communities, and network with like-minded individuals to expand your connections.
- Utilize SEO and hashtags: Optimize your content for search engines and social media discoverability. Use relevant keywords in your captions, titles, and descriptions. Research and use popular and niche-specific hashtags to increase the visibility of your content and attract a wider audience.
- Analyze and adapt: Utilize analytics tools provided by social media platforms to track your performance and gain insights into your audience’s preferences and behavior. Analyze your metrics, such as engagement rate, reach, and follower growth, and adapt your content strategy based on the data.
Remember, building a successful career as a hair social media influencer takes time, persistence, and dedication. Focus on providing value to your audience, staying authentic, and continuously improving your content and skills.
There are 4 Types of Influencers by Follower Count
- Nano influencers (1K–10K followers)
- Micro influencers (10K–100K followers)
- Macro influencers (100K–1M followers)
- Mega or celebrity influencers (1M+ followers)
How to get known through an Influencer Platform
There are several online platforms where you can offer your services as an influencer. These platforms connect influencers with brands or businesses looking for collaboration opportunities.
In the following article from Influencer Marketing Hub you can find 23 free online platforms that offer influencer services. For instance, as a hair influencer, you can download the Ainfluencer app to explore thousands of brands and send them invitations to collaborate. Ainfluencer is a complete solution that enables users to get in touch with and manage campaigns between brands and influencers from all over the world.
How much can you charge?
For this topic, we recommend this video done by Austen Tosone, an influencer with business experience that offers Tips for Influencers and Creators on her YouTube channel. The following video: Pricing Yourself as an Influencer (Calculate Rates in 5 Steps) offers extremely valuable information to determine your pricing structure.
Learn from the best: Some famous hair influencers to follow!
Guy Tang (@guy_tang): Guy Tang is a well-known hair colorist and social media personality. He gained popularity by sharing his creative hair color transformations and techniques on platforms like Instagram and YouTube.
Jen Atkin (@jenatkinhair): Jen Atkin is a celebrity hairstylist and the founder of the haircare brand, Ouai. She has worked with numerous celebrities and frequently shares hair tutorials, tips, and behind-the-scenes content on social media.
Larisa Love (@larisadoll): Larisa Love is a celebrity hairstylist and colorist with a large following on Instagram. She is known for her vibrant hair color creations and often shares step-by-step tutorials and color formulas.
The best hairdo’s come from a French influencer!
This French influencer offers some of the best DIY hairstyles we have seen on IG lately. No wonder more than 1.5M people started following @poppy_hairstyles in the last two years. This type of tutorial content has great value as it tends to go viral and gets repeated visits every time someone wants to recreate one of the amazing hairdos that Poppy posts.
So, if this article has prompted you to start a career as a hair influencer or you already have a passion for hair care and have been posting about it, reach out to us through the email email@example.com. We like sharing all hair influencers’ accounts in our “All About Hair” section and maybe you can tell all of your followers about us! …That would be a great collaboration!
#MNHD Editorial Staff